Cannondale question

Boothy

Retro Guru
I know they are not the favorite brand on Retro bike, but I couldn't resist. I picked up my Cannondale Delta V 1000 off the bay yesterday (yes that one) looks like it needs plenty of work and was wondering if anyone has advise on the build. Is there any other forks / stems I can use instead of the headshock? Any idea of the seat post size it appears to be 26mm. Also where can I get 1994 decals?

Help appreciated, thanks a bundle.

My dale takes a 31.6 seatpost!You can get headset reducers from cannondale dealers to put normal forks on.

What one did you get? You should try the headshock when you get it, from what I hear they ride great, BITD I didn't like them visually but now think they have a cool retro look.

Here's the old dog... needs a ruddy good strip down.

Attachments

• cannyV.jpg
    cannyV.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 1,924
If You want to change the forks I have some reducers in an old Super V that reduce down to 1 1/8".

Personally I'd stick with the headshock, goes hand in hand with the dale. Nice stiff forks, even if you could kind of feel all the needle bearings in the headshock going up and down ;)

Chris.

Are those gripshift 8 speed ?
I don't suppose you're looking to get rid of them at all are you ? ;) ;)

Gav

Seems like a resounding 'keep the headshok' is echoing around the walls of retrobike. I'll see how knackered it is. As for the gripshift, I'm not sure but I know I want shot of it, so i'll confirm an let you know.

Back