rock shox 10's

clockworkgazz

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
I have got a nice set of these forks and pretty pleased with them, however they are missing a dust cap :(

I have a plastic cap that fits and I could glue it in place to make it look symetrical again but wondered if this was a bad Idea- is it just keeping the dust out or does it perform another function.

Are these forks easy to maintain- seems to be oil damped? Any pitfalls or advice would be most welcome

Attachments

• sbike_front_176_edited.jpg
    sbike_front_176_edited.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 594
sorry lads and lassies, I have now searched the forum and found a stack of info (should have done this first :oops: ) so ok for now, just one question- it would seem these forks need to be pumped up periodically, do you have to use a rockshox pump or will a football adapter work just the same?

Cheers

Gary

Never had a set of those but pretty sure you are going to need to correct pump, it is physicaly possible to use a foot pump/track pump etc but you risk blowing the seals as these pumps move too large a volume of air for the tiny amount needed in the forks, blew a set of Marzocchi XC51's BITD doing this :roll:

If you cant get a pump on here TFtuned may be able to help ;)

I just used a greased football needle attachment onto a normal bike bump - worked a treat ;)

Back