COOL WALL: "Manitou frameset - Cool or Uncool?"

Is the Manitou frameset cool or uncool?

• Yep - Totally cool! No question about it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They are ok. Not really bothered or have an opinion...

• Nope! Hate the darn things! Totally uncool!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jez-4-bikes-max

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Aha! In my eternal quest to generate agro and tension on this board (joke) I feel I might have picked a decent topic....

"Is the Manitou frameset cool or uncool?"

Remember this isnt a case of pinpointing which version/year etc. Its more the initial impression you have from its general reputation, your experiences and what you memories of it are...

Now theres plenty of good arguments why it is er..'awesome', but then there are a few too for why its a bit er...'pants'...

Your call!!! :)

ManitouFS.jpg

not sure if that is cool.

this is defo cool though.
the original doug bradbury frame.
you know it's rare as f*ck and a retro classic!

Attachments

• IMG_0882.JPG
    IMG_0882.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 3,650
Gotta be cool!

Only thing I can remember about Manitou bikes is the illiterate kid at school with minted parents had one. With Spins and full XTR. Think he just needed something to get to school and pose outside the chip shop on.

I remember wanting to steal it and rag the absolute f*** out of it!

Nice view up here on the fence ;)

Not wowed personally.. Was there ever a Team Manitou or did Doug just have his forks on the Starting Line?

Also, just for interests sake [and a dip in blood sugar at work]..

man·i·tou or man·i·tu

1. In Algonquian religious belief, a supernatural power that permeates the world, possessed in varying degrees by both spiritual and human beings.
2. A deity or spirit.

For me they WERE cool.

Machined rear stays were awesome and gobsmackingly nice to look at and at the time they were very desirable race machines (good reviews and thin on the ground due to their eliteness)

Then, retrobike came along and every Manitou that I've come across seems to have cracked. Id be so scared riding my pride and joy just in case it developed a hairline. So unfortunatly that has spoiled my impression ;(

So sadly for me................. UNCOOL.

:?

Quite a difficult one this time around .

But i am with Jezz on this one , too many cracked ones .
they are lovely frames , but what the point of doing something that nice which cannot be used .

So uncool for me .

Must be cool, everywhere you went on one of these people stopped and looked, even if they saw you on a cracked one I don't think they would point and laugh, they would still think its a cool looking bike and want to take it home.

they even built the tandem and a kids version to bring cool to couples and there children.

Cool it is for me ;)

Back