best alloy polish?

showtime

Dirt Disciple
Hi Guys
what would be the best polish to use on my cannondale Killer V frame?
i've seen some bikes that (i guess) were stripped of paint first & then polished that have loads of small scratches all over them & i don't really want that look :?
i know alloy is a soft metal but i'd like to try & get it back to the mirror shine it had before it had been abandoned for the last 10 years :oops:
so there must be something suitable out there?

^^^ like the man said ^^^ plus plenty of elbow grease and a quiet night or two in ;)

120 - 240 - 400 - 600 - finish with any wet compound and dont let the mop run dry ;)

if done properly it will leave you with a mirror :cool:

It may sound strange but i've had great results with Brillo soap pads, done three frames so far, an AMP, my Orange E3 and part of my Manitou, all have turned out very shiney, a wet Brillo pad is probably the equivilent of 1000 grit wet and dry, somehow works better than steel wool, finish with Auto-sol, T-cut will do the same job though ;)

jimihendrix":2uf9sgdy said:
It may sound strange but i've had great results with Brillo soap pads, done three frames so far, an AMP, my Orange E3 and part of my Manitou, all have turned out very shiney, a wet Brillo pad is probably the equivilent of 1000 grit wet and dry, somehow works better than steel wool, finish with Auto-sol, T-cut will do the same job though ;)

i dont like the sound of that?

does it not remove the laquer? (is there any laquer?) (whats laquer?)

Wet and dry from 400 grade through to 2000 grade and then autosol. Apply your decals and then wax several times.

"Belgom" not sure if this is available in the UK though

Attachments

• belgomalu.jpg
    belgomalu.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 1,393
The absolute king of metal polishes is Meguires NXT All Metal Polysh(sic). Its very quick, smells good and leaves a really good anti-corrosive coating. I switched from autosol a year since and have never looked back. Ten out of ten!

Si

Back