Best way to run Vs on Canti Kona frames

Surfr

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Other than cable ties on the top tube, are there any alternative ways for running V's on frames without a rear cable guide? Can I utilise the Dog collar?

i've drilled my dog collar slightly and run Nokon housing at the rear. works really nicely.

this is before the nokon - i have replaced the noodle with nokon as well

18112007002_137.jpg

cce":3klnutw0 said:
i've drilled my dog collar slightly and run Nokon housing at the rear. works really nicely

I saw this and it caught my eye as I'm looking to do the same...excuse my ignorance :oops: what is Nokon housing?

it's sectional aluminium cable housing. it makes a much smoother s-curve than regular housing in a short space that's required in this role

if it isnt dark when i get home i will take one. Nokon is pretty pricey, but i got some leftovers gratis from a very kind user on here

And I guess I could find another section to go to a good home as well!

Incidentally, there's a reduction grommet that fits into the dog collar and accepts a length of either normal outer or Nokon cable at the other end. It makes for a more secure interface. I got a few from Drapoon off here last year. I assumed you'd already have one cce - otherwise I could have included one with the Nokon.

i just drilled and chamfered the end of my dog collar - i have the 1996 collar which is a lot more metally around that part the cable runs through than the earlier ones

Back