Specialized Ground Force

twangy27

Retro Guru
Any one heard of a specialized ground force?? Recently got one off ebay and was wonderingif anyone knew anything about em, had any pics, details about standard kit and any idea of value. Any inf would be greatly accepted. Cheers guys

Groundfoce.jpg

Ground control? yes, Ground force - no

similar design to the early FSR's - but without the 4th bar, IIRC they were released in about 1993 - and yours is the bottom one in th erange.

Ground control

Yes definately a Ground control ( unless its Allen Titchmarsh's)
IIRC these were released around 96 as a cheaper full suss to the FSR which was released around 93. The front triangles , as the rear were A1 Aluminium or direct drive steel.
I will dig out my cats and dealers books and see what I can find for you.

I was watching this on Ebay as well to see what it went for. It would be good if you could post up a better pic when you get it.
Nice bike, enjoy.

Jamie

Ground control

Hi Twangy
I have found that the ground Control was 96 on. They came with either direct drive steel front triangles for the base model and A1 Alu for the rear. The A1 and A1 Comp had A1 front and rear. The only 4 bar FSR left in the range was called Ground Control FSR Sport, an M2 FSR Ground Control and of course there was the S works FSR M2.
Basically the ground control was new for 96 and started doing away with the FSR with the 4 bar linkage :cry: as there was no longer a Stumpy FSR available.
I have copied the page from the dealer Tech book that I am sure is the same as yours. 96 Ground Control. The book has a bit more info if you want those scanned as well.

Hope this helps
Jamie

IMG_0001.jpg

Thanks guys. Don't know whether to keep it or not yet, its a lovely looking bike but im a big lad and dont know wethrt I trust myself thrashing around on it. Thanks again for your help.

Latest posts

Back