Specialized Hardrock dating and seatpost size query

Surfr

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Well it's all in the title really.

I've just bought this frame from Orange71 and before it arrives I'd like to get some more details, and components together ready for it. Can anyone help me with an age? I don't recognise the hardrock graphics at all.

how about seatpost size? is it 26.4?

Erm. Oops. I must have hit submit and run off home from work before finishing the post.

Here's the frame

pa181071mediumwu8.jpg

It's a '94 model, the seat post on my wife's is stamped 26.2 (there was a recall on the posts, but I see you don't have one) Her paint's not as scuffed as that, believe it or not she still has the original tyres & brake blocks. Good bikes (so are all steel Specialized), suitable for fixed or ss conversion, also.

Already got a SS retro on the way so this is being built as a commuter.

26.2 on the post? Damn, that sounds even harder to find.

Hardrock

Steel Hardrocks are good machines. Tough and make good commuters or tourers, tough and dependable with laid back geometry.
94 it is
Hardrock-1.jpg

I think theres a copy of this cat in the catalogue section showing all the specs.

Jamie

Surfr":1jcdl1l8 said:
Already got a SS retro on the way so this is being built as a commuter.

26.2 on the post? Damn, that sounds even harder to find.

It just so happens my Cinder Cone came with a 26.2mm Kalloy 400mm long post which is surplus to requirements (should be 26.4mm for the Kona).
£5 plus postage
PM me if you're interested

I rode my brothers version of this bike over Christmas. His is the same frame but with RockShox Quadras 10's and an STX groupset.

Well there's a bike shaped box waiting at the main door of the office and a kalloy post which have both arrived from RBers this morning so we'll have an answer soon enough :) Hopefuly I'll have more luck with this than my Kona project.

So just for future reference, 26.2 fits like a dream. snug as a bug in a rug. Thanks Orange71 and Caramba Kid for quick delivery on the parts :)

Back