1994 Stumpjumper rebulid

madidaddi

Dirt Disciple
Hi everone,
Just found this site and loving it, and i've since blown the dust off my 94 Stumpie it has been a while!! and it needs some work and i need some help/advice.
-Any ideas over the colour code for the green one?, in my youth i had it re-sprayed :cry: and would like it original, inc stickers.
-Suspension forks, can i and should i? if so which? as 1" steerers are damn hard to find.
Any relevant replies will be greatfully recieved.
Thanks retro fans!

Hi and welcome!

Unsure of colour code. I'll have a look tomorrow to see if there's a sticker.

Below is my one upgraded to XT etc and another one with Judys fitted.

Attachments

• 9d86_1[1].jpg
    9d86_1[1].jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,061
  • Image024rss.jpg
    Image024rss.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,061
Ha! already scoped that one out.
I've got XTR up grades throughout on mine just need a wash and polish...guess what i'll be doing on these chilly evenings!
Thanks for your help and if you wanna make space for those awesome forks lmk :LOL:

The frame with Judys on isn't mine! The photo shows the colour better than in my pic. How's about posting a pic of yours then :D

tiboltrider123":3ibobv5a said:
Hi and welcome!

Unsure of colour code. I'll have a look tomorrow to see if there's a sticker.

Below is my one upgraded to XT etc and another one with Judys fitted.

I think your bike looks great ...... love it.

94 Stumpy

Same colour as my current project 94 FSR Stumpy. For 94 the standard rigid colour was either grey/green or blood red. There is no colour code for the green its only listed in the cats as grey/green but someone in the MOD may be able to match it :roll:
My old faithful rigid is the blood red. Both great colours but people tend to either love them or hate them as they are both quite dark tones.
Decals you can get from Gil on here but you can pretty much only get the main ones (top,down,seattube and headtube) very hard to get the small detailed ones for the seat and chainstays.
For forks the Stumpys that cam in 94 with forks were FS designed frames and as such were suspension corrected but as far as I have ever known the rigids take a period fork with no real change in handling or stance. Those that came with forks came with Specialized own.
A good year for Stumpies IMHO, but I am a bit biased ;)
Hope this helps

Jamie

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

Not the best pic but the only one I could lay my hand on at the moment.

Thanks everyone, thats started me off in a better direction for paint and decals :D and now i guess i just keep hunting for forks, i have found a pair of Judy SL (but would require a steerer change) which is promising and i'm sure to purchase some other bits to help with my fettling.
At the time i brought the Stumpie i liked the clean ,race inspired lines and still do.
Awesome bike!

Need to get some pics up :D 1" forks come through here regularly enough or even post in the wanted.

Back