Quotes

rutteger

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Dyna-Tech Fan
The observant amongst you will have noticed that when a user opens the front page they get a random quote (top left box). The quotes are along the lines of 'Friends don't let friends ride neon' and 'Keepin' it retro'.

Let's have some more suggestions. I'm not that imaginative :)

I think you should also include some of the song lyric snatches from Mint Sauce if you have the old MBUKs - Brilliant Mr Burt!

Two great suggestions. Those lyrics in Mint were too obscure for me 99% of the time ....

They were obscure for everyone i think. They were still great though. They led me to discover some great music.

Lyrics

So they were lyrics from obscure songs! For a spotty youth pouring over MBUK in the back of science lessons they were way above my head! I thought Mr Burt was either a deep an profound peot or I was missing some joke.

I can sleep easy tonight.

How about:

"I remember 2" suspension"

"Of course we don't ride retro 'cos they work well"

"Available in any colour...as long as it's purple"

"Wow, I can lift this bike with one hand!"

Please recognise the sarcasm, I love retro!

You all thought Mr Joe Burt was cool eh?
Betcha didn't know how many Kate Bush lyrics he snuck in there! :D
(I only knew coz my old maths teacher was a kate bush obsessive and he had posters and lyrics pasted up on the classroom walls - Honest!)

deelam":1coa8379 said:
Betcha didn't know how many Kate Bush lyrics he snuck in there! :D

Kate Bush is alright. What song was it? Bet it wasn't 'Hounds of Love' of 'Wuthering Heights'. That Maths teacher story is a bit fishy too.

Anyhow here's a couple more I've dug up

"...though a lot of marijuana was smoked in the early days of mountain bike development, not all of the riders were potsmoking hippies... " Frank J. Berto

'Strong, light, cheap; pick two' Keith Bontrager

One which sticks in my head is:
"And every time it rains You're here in my head, Like the sun coming out - ooh I just know that somethin' good is gonna happen.."
Cloudbusting - Hounds of Love.
But I thought it was Utah Saints at the time! :?

only dead fish follow the stream (back of some number plate early grundig)

Once a cool thing has been done, it cannot be undone (Tread MTB film)

"Why am I not wearing body armour?.. because I'm not going to crash " JMC Kamikaze DH

When you come to the fork in the road, make it a Manitou

you can feel the gold hanging off your chest (MBA test of Tomacs raleigh replica)

climbed like a helium filled balloon escaping from a 2yr old (MBA 93 FAT chance ti test)

not bad, throw a grand at it & it'll be a nice bike... (scant)

if you're not doing 30mph in a rock filled rut, on the edge of a cliff, with a barb wire fence to 1 side, you're not enjoying yourself (curly)

faster & faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death (early Yeti advert)

countless more to come ;)

Back