Its been covered before but ....... ( seat post content )

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I still want to scream it ..... I CANT BUDGE THIS BLOODY SEATPOST :cry:

I have tried most things including the vice ... Not budging one bit ... Just got a chewed seatpost now :cry:

....... And relax :D

Stuck post

You could try soaking it for a few days in easing fluid, like plus gas etc? is it a steel frame and alloy post?

Turn frame upside down pour in plus gas or some such and leave for a day or two.

Then when it doesn't move get someone else to do it! Works for me.

Al. :D

Its steel frame and im guessing alloy post?

Its a Muddy Fox courier ?? Only got it today still learning?

Tube

If its really stuck, you can cut the post off then using a hacksaw blade, cut through it longtitudinally and carefully through to the frame, ten tapping a blade between the post and frame to break it away from the tube wall, its a long process but works well. I would try more soaking first though?

The next two options are a little more hands on!

If you can chop the top of the post off you may be able to hack saw the post out.

Or the best and most enjoyable,heat the frame around the seat tube with a torch.the alloy will melt quicker than the steel.

Now if it were a fisher frame, you could just cut it up into bits and put it in the bin! :shock:
Now someone should bite with that one?

Cheers,Al :D

I have been reading up ... Im in no hurry to rush it so will keep soaking and see what happens .... Thanks

Good ol frame upside down, post in the vice, turning the frame? Kep a spindle btw the stays to make sure that you don't squeeze em together.
Never had to use heat yet. Hacsaw slitting is for the careful and patient only.. beware. . . ;)

Back