Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Whilst looking for something else found this, how cool

tomac_worlds_500pix.jpg

When I did a cross race last year there were a few gasps when I took some air off a perfect takeoff,not sure if it was the drop bars,lack of anyone else doing it or the Zipp carbon wheels which were causing the attention!

I took this photo of a buddy of mine last year at the Unoffical CX Single Speed Worlds in Portland, Or last year. A couple of fellas got some really nice air.

i've seen the pic before, its on the tomac thread on mtbr.com. its a cool pic :) fairly certain taken at the 1990 worlds in durango where he got 6th place despite suffering a flat tyre. frame is a yeti C26 which womens xc winner juli furtado also used.

interesting list of medal results here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_B ... mpionships

tomac won the xc worlds once & came 2nd in the dh worlds twice... I cant see 1 person ever getting top 3 worlds results in both xc & dh again!

The pic is from the 1990 Durango worlds and is of him during the xc race!Agree,nobody will feature in both the xc + downhill again,I remember seeing coverage from Italy in 1991 whan he won and got 2nd,in the xc he was just awesome,shame he punctured in 1990.
The ss cross race last year looked cool there was a report on cyclingnews.com,thinkin of ss my cross bike for next season :D

Back