Kona Factory Team with Schwinn bikes ?

magas

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
this I found in the 1997 Kona brochure - Ian Cuthbertson of England, riding a Schwinn branded bike in the Kona Factory Team outfit :eek:

scanKona1997page3.jpg

Could be a start of season race.
Ive raced for a GT based team with my old Kula in a gt strip too, just because I couldnt get a correct frame size in time.
(I did bung some GT stickers over the kona ones though!) :oops:

OK, could be the answer for the dilemma of your team BITD - but why you should wear the offical Kona Factory Team livre and ride on a Kona bike (KULA I guess), but the front bears the Schwinn badge :?:

looking closely, it appears to have curve brakes, certainly the levers. everyone else seems to have V's

the plot, it thickens.

Remember that they have to take those photos a long time before all the team bikes would be ready, or the production bikes for that matter. The 1997 Kona brochure would have to be printed before Interbike in September 2006.

I loaned my Kona to a guy racing for Barracuda for the first race of 1996 as his bike was not ready, he put tape over the logos.

magas":2d3n9dl7 said:
OK, could be the answer for the dilemma of your team BITD - but why you should wear the offical Kona Factory Team livre and ride on a Kona bike (KULA I guess), but the front bears the Schwinn badge :?:

Theres a member on here somewhere that bought a klein that had been professionally badged up as a sunn....

speedplay":2ncqtslc said:
magas":2ncqtslc said:

Theres a member on here somewhere that bought a klein that had been professionally badged up as a sunn....

were there not instances reported where riders got on so badly with the sponsored ride that they painted their bike of choice in the appropriate colourscheme and let them get on with it?

cce":nwzsywzz said:
speedplay":nwzsywzz said:
magas":nwzsywzz said:

were there not instances reported where riders got on so badly with the sponsored ride that they painted their bike of choice in the appropriate colourscheme and let them get on with it?

it is very common in pro road teams .

Back