what size???????????

rakas17

Dirt Disciple
hi chaps, i'm after getting a small steel mid 90's kona for my girlfriend.

i'm not sure what the best size would be, i think she's about 5.5-5.6. is a 16 gonna be too big?

the 14's never really come up so i could be looking for a while if thats the case. i'm hoping you lot will tell me that a 16 is fine.

thanks for looking, joe

at 5 10 i ride an 18 or 19 though i prefer the 18

i reckon a 16 should be fine at 5 6

IIRC most ladies frames are like 15" anyway and the new ones are with suspension so hiked up front. worth a try I reckon.

PS I still have a short and tall Tioga stem FS that might be ideal for this build

HTH :)

this is what i was refering to but didnt want to adveretise it. he accepted 50 quid plus courier which will be £16. not bad i reckon, looks quite good nick and all original except for brakes and grips. he said he might have the old brakes in his garage. its for the missus, she didnt even ask for a new bike but its just an excuse for me to buy another retro kona.. :LOL:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0278141652

a shorter stem could be on the cards, i'll wait till its arrived and shes ridden it though.

cheers fellas, joe :D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Not a bad deal is it, A few pimp components on there and should be good. As a general recreation bike it doesn't need to be at obsessively top of teh range as ours.
My GF has a 16" Merlin great thing with deore kit and cheapo Mx Comp. apparently women have shorter backs or summat.

Will PM link for stem :)

rakas17":3p7fj9m7 said:
this is what i was refering to but didnt want to adveretise it. he accepted 50 quid plus courier which will be £16. not bad i reckon, looks quite good nick and all original except for brakes and grips. he said he might have the old brakes in his garage. its for the missus, she didnt even ask for a new bike but its just an excuse for me to buy another retro kona.. :LOL:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0278141652
a shorter stem could be on the cards, i'll wait till its arrived and shes ridden it though.
cheers fellas, joe :D

No!! That bike is a size 18, it's well too big for your lady. She needs a size 16.

I would advise you to tell them not to send it and demand your money back on the grounds that they have falsely described it.

The mistake they have made is a common one, and I feel sure they're in good faith - they have measured from centre of bottom bracket to the centre of the top tube, but Kona size is from centre of bottom bracket to top of seat tube, three inches longer.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
With my GF, stand over was the important factor. She's 5 ft. (how many hands is that?). Her 89 Wicked is 13 inches center of BB to center of top tube. Works out nicely.

bugger, i even sent him a message saying that 15's dont exist and how to measure it the correct way for a kona (which is what you've said) and he got back to me saying it is a 16.

i've spoken to him on the phone and he seems like a pretty stand up guy so i dont think he was trying to pull the wool over my eyes.

i sent him 70 quid all in. i wonder if anyone on here would want it for that money???

i'm sure he would refund me and relist it if i ask him to.

i'll keep you posted.

Back