Recognise this frame or this stem?

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Don't know what frame this is .... not exactly light. Raleigh? Has what looks like a K stamped on the top of the seat stays. Red not pink BTW
And whats this stem all about :? :LOL:
DSC00109.jpg

DSC00110.jpg

DSC00111.jpg

DSC00119.jpg

Yes, Kuwahara is also my initial thought

It looks to neat for a Kinesis

The cable stop part on the bottom of the stem looks retro-fitted to me. If so, I'd imagine the stem's been drilled through to fit it - weakening it significantly. I wouldn't use this on a rider.

thecannibal":2m1b1c9y said:
The cable stop part on the bottom of the stem looks retro-fitted to me. If so, I'd imagine the stem's been drilled through to fit it - weakening it significantly. I wouldn't use this on a rider.

You've never had a Muddy Fox Courier Comp then! These were standard fare in the mid 80's - I have a white one with a bolt on cable clamp.

Otherwise it would be a lot of effort when all you need to do is drill a hole through the top of the stem.... :roll:

legrandefromage":2xnnaijy said:
thecannibal":2xnnaijy said:

You've never had a Muddy Fox Courier Comp then! These were standard fare in the mid 80's - I have a white one with a bolt on cable clamp.

Otherwise it would be a lot of effort when all you need to do is drill a hole through the top of the stem.... :roll:

I'm not sure I follow you completely. I'm not saying it's unusual to have a stem-mounted stop/guide, but doesn't this one look like a bodge? The cable entry even looks like it would foul the handlebar clamp.

Do you mean this came as standard or that it was normal to fit these aftermarket? Surely the issues inherent with drilling a hole through the centre of the extension of an aluminium mtb stem are self-evident?

Back