Here's to you - unsung heroes - We still love you...

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Granted there is little better looking (IMO) than Mr Zero's Hei Hei, or more impressive than Jez's Aqua Yo and you can't but be bowled over by a Klein paintjob or a Merlin weld...

...but, I can't help feeling more chuffed in a way when I see an '87 Saracen Tufftrax or an '88 Marin Bear Valley these days. That little chap has stuck it out for 20yrs and hasn't been loved and cherished and resprayed and upgraded unecessarily, he's toughed it out against the elements and the underclass and the march of time and money and is still going strong. Doing his duty for his (probably abusive and criminal and illegal) owner.

So, here's to our brothers locked away at train stations across the country. Here''s to you. You are tough to survive on the underside of this sceptred Isle - En-Ger-Land. You are gone but not forgotten. Not on this day - St Crispin's Day.*

*not sure if it is St Crispin's day, just wanted to get that in there somewhere. Was the equivalent of playing Elgar's Nimrod on a soundless site. :roll:

We should prostrate ourselves in shame at the haste with which we moved on from these bikes as youths. Not giving a care for where they would be in 15 years time.

mtbfix":1ku7xzu2 said:
We should prostrate ourselves in shame at the haste with which we moved on from these bikes as youths. Not giving a care for where they would be in 15 years time.

I didnt care then, I dont care now! :LOL: ;)

Definitey with "Yeoman builds" [genius wordsmithing].

Still searching for that Emmelle Cortina ....

I didnt care then, I dont care now! Laughing Wink

Scant = Grinch. You've got to love the bicycles, not just the parts.

;)

doctor-bond":19lckxzu said:
Definitey with "Yeoman builds" [genius wordsmithing].

Still searching for that Emmelle Cortina ....

I didnt care then, I dont care now! Laughing Wink

Scant = Grinch. You've got to love the bicycles, not just the parts.

;)

given you dont know me from adam thats pretty funny ;) :LOL:

I'm really saddened that several seem to feel no love at all for their first bike, the one that got them into the sport - did you guys emerge from the womb riding Yo's or FRO's (reality Muddy Fox's and Saracen's)? And was your first 45 'God Save The Queen' (reality 'Remember You're a Womble)?

And they say first love never dies [wistful emoticon] .....

Back