Orange F7 forks

IbocProSX

Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I posted earlier I was toying with the idea of swapping the Pace Carbon in my (not so retro) 92 Ti hardtail for some real steel. I just saw some Orange F7 forks and I quite like the style plus it has the brake mounts facing to the rear which works for me. Orange stuff is genrally well thought of but not much on the forks.

Are the F7 light or heavy, are they suspension geometry and how do they stack up for riding comfort? Any info much appreciated.

T.I.A.

I have a pair, although I haven't actually ridden them. They are the late ones witht the rear facing mounts and seem pretty light. They are suspension corrected, 400mm axel to crown.

I hear that they ride better then triple butted P2's but cannot confirm as I haven't tried them out. They do look very cool though and they are for sale :shock: .. PM if you want to know more! ;)

The F7/8 is one of those undiscovered gems of the fork world in my opinion.
They're reasonably light, track well and give a nice ride. Easily comparable to a P2.

I have a pair of F8's which are the late nineties version available in 11/8" with rear brake mounts. (395mm axle to crown).

They still make them now, but disk only and I think they're 415mm. (ish)

Back