Cook Bros RSR how to remove spider

Martin

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Well, just a simple question: how do I remove the spider of a CB RSR?

I demounted the "torix" bolt wich mounts the spider to the arm.
Now I should say the spider could be removed, but how?

It's stuck, do I need to use much force?

Thanks,
Martin

Simple answer is i dont know if you can remove it,i had one and couldnt remove it,even the lbs mech couldnt ,seems theyre pressed on.
You could try the headset lower race trick-to tap a screwdriver into the join,working your way around,but this is likely to cause a bit of damage to the spider and the crank.
Why would you want to remove one ? is it damaged?.if your stripping the crank arm prior to polishing, you'd prob' be better leaving it in place and covering it in masking tape
Sorry best i can think of

Well it must be possible as i removed mine! I used a fly press and it came off quite easily. Take it to someone who has a flypress i.e a engineering shop. I used the press to put it back on after.
yt58al.jpg

I ever remote the spider on 2 cooks. The problem is not the big torx but three "nails" (I don't know the english word) insert around. For the first arm, no problem. On the other, the heads of the nails broke and impossible to remote them from the arm.
On other hand, it's possible to bore the spider...
It's not a good idea without good tools

Ok then that is some good info.

Well I have a set black RSR's here wich are pretty worn. The spider looks pretty ok, the arms are fully worn off. So I'm going to polish the arms (even when I think a black one is nicer).

Thought it could be easy to remove by some kind of trick but unfortunately not.

Going to tape the spider and polish I think.....

Thanks,
Martin

Well, you have got me, I will never trie to separate it now.....

If they were 1-dollarcranks ok..... But the have to fit a Klein so when it's get killed I have to find me or a new RSR or a new BBspindle...mmm...

Latest posts

Back