Rock Shox Indy SL help please (probably very simple!)

beepbeep

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've recently got hold of some Indys ('97) and would like to service them but found nothing on the web regarding manuals.

My problem is removing the seals/bushes so I can slide the legs out. There appears to be no c-clip as I've seen on other forks (see pic) :?

Any ideas? (am I being thicky-thick here? :oops: )

Attachments

• Indy97.jpg
    Indy97.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 4,465
That black bit that had the metal 'spring' around it is a dust wiper. Just put a wide blade screwdriver between it and the fork lower legs and ease it out by twisting the screwdriver and move around.
They look just like the MAG series one's
After that you are on your own :D

To strip those you undo the top cap and remove the elastormer stack and remove and allan bolt down inside the fork legs (like Manitou's) so you will need a long allan key.

Cheers :D

I'll have a go with the screwdriver method. There doesn't seem to be allan bolts at the bottom of the legs, hope there's no supposed to be :?
(They've got Englund air cartridges installed instead of elastomers)

There's got to be allan bolts in there otherwise the legs would fall off :) , if i get time later i'll scan in and post the manual ;)

jimihendrix":3h5liwzr said:
There's got to be allan bolts in there otherwise the legs would fall off :) , if i get time later i'll scan in and post the manual ;)

That's what I thought, it'd be great to get a scan of the manual! :D
Cheers, Neil

Here's the relevant pages from the manual ;)

indy1.jpg

indy2.jpg

indy3.jpg

FluffyChicken":33lwhul4 said:
That black bit that had the metal 'spring' around it is a dust wiper. Just put a wide blade screwdriver between it and the fork lower legs and ease it out by twisting the screwdriver and move around.
They look just like the MAG series one's
After that you are on your own :D

ive got a pair of rockshox indy xc, and i'm stripping them down to respray

I've removed the bolt with allen key, however, i cant seem to get this dust wiper off

Beepbeep, how did you manage to do this? mine and rock solid and dont move!

cheers

Back