COOL WALL - "Purple anodised components Cool or Uncool

Purple anodised components: Cool or Uncool

• Wow - I think purple rocks my world: Cool!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Well - Im not really bothered.....whatever....

• No - I hate them! Uncool!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jez-4-bikes-max

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Ok guys and gals!

"Purple anodised components - Cool or Uncool"
Lets hear it?

Reasons for your answers too please. Only because it makes more of a debate...;)

We will run this for a week. The cool wall is up and now erect from a link on the homepage: www.retrobike.co.uk/coolwall/

And be nice.

Attachments

• 1093306370904_BW_3757_OdySvelteBinderBolt.gif
    1093306370904_BW_3757_OdySvelteBinderBolt.gif
    31.3 KB · Views: 6,601
just memories :) wasting stupid amounts of money on shiney things twice the price cause they were a nice colour :)

I had a set of Analog D Pace hubs laced to the most purple of purple V profile rims [Trek Matrix?] w/ Control Tech purple skewers on my silver SM1000.. It looked awesome :cool:

3DV Rocks..

The Psyclone is going a bit purple I rekkon.. ;)

Purple is cool .
It represents what early mountain biking was all about . Lot of fun , and no care for the way we looked on purple bits bikes and fluo clothing .

Yep purple is the daddy, forget that blue/turquoise stuff that tried to take away its crown, purple will always rule.

Purple Reign, Purple Reign....

Purple was cool, BITD, for about 7 months, then, as Jez says, we all went overboard for purple-everything and killed it stone dead.

By varying colours, the anodised fad was extended and exploited by 'lesser' brands like Tektro and Fred Salmon(!) for another two or three years. The next aesthetic anodised peak being the rasta combo, much, much later - with the only exponent of tasteful contemporary anodising being, of course, Chris King.

Now, in today's retrospective landscape purple is very, very cool - partly because it is the most evocative retro-MTB colour, the colour that goes further than any other in getting people to recall their days in the saddle - 'ooh, I used to be a mountainbiker...' - and partly because it's actually quite hard to find these days.

How can this be so, when we pretty much sprayed it on everything?? Maybe purple got all used up by Prince or Warp on their record sleeves..??

I have to declare my personal interest here - the Buck Shaver is an unashamed homage to purple... :cool:

Neil

Attachments

• Purple People Eater.JPG
    Purple People Eater.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 6,539
Purple on the right bike is great, the only thing purple I ever owned though was some marzocchis.

Back