What's so special about Syncros

hamster

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
Ok, I just don't get it, maybe I'm just proudly displaying my ignorance but why does everyone want Syncros stuff so badly?
What do their stems etc have that others don't..?

..apart from a very strong brand identity and hats off to their marketing guys. :D

Dunno, some of the cool or posher kids had em BITD and they look good, I expect they perform alright too. i have just fitted a new old seatpost and it looks great and feels better than than the Kalloy I removed, and yes it was changed for vanity! :D

Clean, simple, elegant, strong.

Easy to make a set from as well if you like that sort of thing.

Not everyone made bars and cranks and hubs and QRs etc.

Ie. Ringle only made stems and posts and hubs and QRs and a few other bits, Control Tech only made stem, post, bars, forks, cantis, QRs etc.

Thing I've kind of lost my point here really, but essentially I'm trying to say that Syncros made a nice set of matching controls which can be used to make a nice simple-looking buld without relying too much on mixing manufacturers.

Again, if you like that sort of thing...

Personally I prefer Control Tech stuff, but it's not as abundant and therefore not as easy to make a one-set match from...

Reasonably strong, reasonably light, reasonably priced and generally well made.

A nice antidote to the ano bling and works better too.

guess you also have to distinguish between old syncros/new syncros like old Ringle/new ringle.

hamster":1zhvw86o said:
...maybe I'm just proudly displaying my ignorance...
that's what you are doing... :mrgreen:
i think the old syncros logotipe/their cooperate identity is absolutely unique. it's simple and of stunning coolness (for whatever reason). combined with high quality products and some important innovations (e.g. micro-adjustable seatpost) it results in that mentioned "specialness". don't dare to question it...
;)

Back