96' Lava Dome - colour help needed!

ancient biker

Devout Dirtbag
I'm working on a lava dome that's burnt orange.

It looks more like gold to me but its really some strange combination in between.

I quite like the colour and its in pretty good nick so it doesn't need sprayed white :shock: but it does need touched up in a couple of places.

Could someone please give me a steer to source this particular colour?

The bikes looking good so far - blue saddle and grips to tie in with the decals.

Thanks in advance

Darren :D

never had any joy finding any - would probably have to get it matched by a paint place. lovely colour though - i like mine

ancient biker":2uxpvd84 said:
I'm working on a lava dome that's burnt orange.
It looks more like gold to me but its really some strange combination in between.
I quite like the colour and its in pretty good nick so it doesn't need sprayed white :shock: but it does need touched up in a couple of places.
Could someone please give me a steer to source this particular colour?
The bikes looking good so far - blue saddle and grips to tie in with the decals.
Thanks in advance
Darren :D
You could try tech@konaworld.com for an RAL number, but I'm not at all sure he'll be able to help, they don't seem to keep records of that sort of thing.

One way of geting a close match is to use Humbrol modelling paint and mix colours - only £1.25/tin. But I can't remember if the burnt orange is metallic. If so, a colour match would be impossible, you couldn't do any better than just getting into the right ball park.

Colour

Many thanks for the replies.

It's an exhausting, usually pointless, never ending quest seeking that 100% solution and i'm going to have a go with one of those gold maker pens and see how that turns out. :D

Hope to post the pics very soon.

Darren

Back