Trying out polishing a crank set.

Feedback
View
This is me trying to polish up a set of STRONG-LITE cranks. It is not the best work but they do look better. the before and after photos. My camera sucks but you get the drift. Lets see what you think. These things were ugly and I am now seeing that they were cheaply made. The CNC wasn't that impressive. But they look better now and are going on my PEUGEOT.

Attachments

• SL731156.JPG
    SL731156.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 745
  • SL731150.JPG
    SL731150.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 745
  • SL731153.JPG
    SL731153.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 745
  • SL731144.JPG
    SL731144.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 745
I'm about to try this on my 20yo cranks. What technique did you use?

If I could get mine as shiny as those I'd be very happy.

I have this stuff called Semi-Chrome Polish. It is a paste that you rub in and it take the dirt out and smooths the surface as well. I will be trying out other methods to help out the people that don't have access to less simple things. I am trying it on a pair of really used MANIOU 1's. I will keep in touch for more simple fix's.

The finest cheapest method I have used is just medium fine steel wool and soapy water-makes aluminum look like chrome!

It is a pain in the butt :LOL:

I used 2000 wet n dry and then followed up with nxt metal polish. Works well but takes some time ...

DSC03450.jpg

WD :D

WD Pro":2ulhvg38 said:
It is a pain in the butt :LOL:

I used 2000 wet n dry and then followed up with nxt metal polish. Works well but takes some time ...

WD :D

Woa,thats super shiny :cool:

Back