U-Brakes...

BoyBurning

Karma King
Bontrager Fan
Hi all.

Want to fit some Magura rim brakes onto a bike that usually takes a U-Brake.

The mounting studs appear to be 9mm ø rather than the 8mm ø that is usual for canti mounts.

I know that Maguras can be fitted in place of a U by flipping the mounts upside down - indeed there are a couple of bikes on here that have had the treatment.

Question:

Have the Magura mounts in these cases been filed down by 1mm so that the mounting will slide onto the stud, or am I missing a trick?

Can't see any other way of fitting them unless I'm being a tad slow...

The studs can't be replaced btw as they are brazed to the frame.

Cheers in advance for any help or suggestions from the brethren of RB...

Have the Magura mounts in these cases been filed down by 1mm so that the mounting will slide onto the stud, or am I missing a trick?

no you didnt miss a thing. exactly this way it works out.

there was however an official magura aftermarket part (was ist the D adaptor ??) that was designed to fit a magura to ubrake studs - but some days ago i saw one who actually got a grip on those (lucky find they dont come up often On e****) mounted them and was disappointed - meant that without booster they were unridable. however filing works.

edit : unquestioned ill answer that bmx ubrake studs and mtb ubrake studs may differ in sizing too - so not all ubrakes will fit every ubrake frame. but that has nothing to do with maguras.

Back