Judy servicing

theboy

Senior Retro Guru
af'ernoon.

Took a pair of Judys apart for a quick look-see and clean last night (first time ive ever done this) and they have pink elastomers in - can anyone tell me what compound these are please as the forks seem pretty stiff to me so need to know which compound is softer?

TTFN theboy

You probably wont get any of the elastomers to move in this cold weather! Some nice springs or full inards replacement might be a good plan.

Wasn't it blue= hard, red= medium?, i never had any pink ones, might have got stiffer with age though, like many things....

Well, they are Judy FSX, and have one Elastomer, one spacer, and one spring in each leg... I cant find a manual on line anywhere?

and yes, Risse air carts would be my internals of choice, but foolishly I sold the only sets I had a few years back :(

yeah, Im an idiot, 96, found it in there.

(although it doesnt say anything about pink elastomers - maybe they were red...)

I have a pile in a bag that came with the ones I bought on here not so long ago. It came fitted with a spring, but I've not been able to separate the leg from the stantion. Maybe i'm missing something.

They say take the elastomer stack out (spring in my case), then undo the bolts at the bottom and it should come apart.. Doesn't for me, anyways I can dig out the elastomers, no idea what they are like.

Mind I may have a play with them as I have no idea what these Wings springs are like or how to alter their effective spring rate or what weight/type of riding they are for.

If they don't come apart screw the bottom bolts back in a thread or two and give them a gentle tap to release the damper rods.

theboy":2n5hnetu said:
Well, they are Judy FSX, and have one Elastomer, one spacer, and one spring in each leg... I cant find a manual on line anywhere?

and yes, Risse air carts would be my internals of choice, but foolishly I sold the only sets I had a few years back :(

amusingly I regret selling them too..... to you ;) :LOL:

Latest posts

Back