another thread got me thinking . . .

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
was looking through the threads since i was on last night and came across the fat discussion on the ebay watch and also the for sale thread of a yo eddy.

thought to myself, i would love to have that yo but haven't got the funds at the moment so next year if i can afford it i would love to have an aquafade yo, i know they are not the most rare but for me it's the iconic fatchance frame. i'm not even fussed about originality with loads of blue/green ringle etc, i think the frame is bright enough, so another sensible understated build is on the cards.

i'm generally an orange fan, which is good coz the stuff i'm usually after pops up quite regularly and doesn't usually cost the earth, i have my aluminium O project to finish but after that i have decided that the yo is the next mission! :D

so the question is, not what is your dream bike/build, but what is your realistic next build? the one that you are actually going to do.

i'm curious :D

I think your next realistic build SHOULD be your dream bike. I dont ever want to go through life aiming for 2nd best or mediocre. Given your current collection of bikes jonnyboy666 you could easily sell a few & get the Yo Eddy now :)

... gone are the days when you could pick up yo eddy frame & forks off STW for £100 because no1 wanted them! :cry:

I've got some tweaking to do on my Dads Miyata then I will be making a start on the 1987 Fisher Montare XT that Jerky has very kindly collected from Bradford for me.
Hoping to have it up together for the summer. Shouldn't be too difficult as I'm only aiming at a stock re-build. Really depends on what I find when I strip it down I suppose :)

i know what you mean about build the dream bike but the dream bike doesn't pop up that often, as for selling any of my bikes, are you insane???!!! :LOL: i need them all (rushes into the garage to hug them all!)

i love all the bikes i have which is why i am prepared to wait, i'd rather wait and save so i don't have to sell anything to pay for the next project.

i realise i have loads of bikes and i'm lucky that not many of them cost me too much but to me they all have purposes depending on the type of riding i would be doing or who i'm riding with.

and dream bikes tend to be expensive so i was curious what people can build, not what they would buil if they had the money stuffed under the mattress! and lets face it we have had the discussion about dream builds before and they always involve xtr, bling, and unobtanium frames! :D

so come on! your real life builds! what you are actually going to do!! :D

:) mine would be a klein attitude, i have 2 rascals at the moment ideally i would like a gator adroit..... but you said realistic !! so some sort of attitude with mission control bars and rigid forks, im not that fussed about paint originality as im keen on getting one re-sparyed in some sort of custom colour. ;) :D . having said that i can see myself spending Adroit money on it if im not carefull :!: :roll: :LOL:

A 19" rigid steel Kona - ideally a Columbus Max Explosif, but I'm not too fussy - with gears and fat tyres for playing around on in the woods. A good, scruffy bike I can thrash and hang a mixture of parts on without feeling like I'm destroying a cultural heirloom.

I have actually two dreams at the moment...

Aquafade Yo Eddy with original rigid fork and
Adroit.
Adroits color is not so big problem, almost all will go, but size is bigger problem.

Oh yes and money is problem also... :LOL:

i have project 75 quid to finish (93 gt karokaram parts bin build).

next project is my mates old alpinestars al mega dx. i am going to rebuild it as his dream spec from 94/5 which will be tricky.

also on the back burner is a 96 kilauea which is going to be neo-retro (read that today for the first time and love the saying!! thanks john). this is likely to be fairly costly and i want it to be right first time. its going to be my full time cross country build to replace my modern kona aluminoum hardtail

Back