What makes a Retrobiker?

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
So, what do you reckon, are there some common themes or is it too complex and varied to be broken down into a simple checklist?

Pretty varied and complex, but why not keep it simple? At the heart of it is the love of old bikes, bike history, and the evolution of bikes and their technology. I particularly find the history and development of mountain bikes fascinating...and seeing present day bikes/technology/riders and riding styles in a historical perspective.

orange71":1dqhn2hl said:
Nostalgia would be high up the list.

OCD and greying temples in my experience ( apart from Sithlord who would be thrilled to have enough hair to turn grey :LOL: )

Kona Paul":35jt1uax said:
Pretty varied and complex, but why not keep it simple? At the heart of it is the love of old bikes, bike history, and the evolution of bikes and their technology. I particularly find the history and development of mountain bikes fascinating...and seeing present day bikes/technology/riders and riding styles in a historical perspective.
Second that.

I reckon it's partly nostalgia, but also the fact that most new bikes are just not particularly interesting. Mountain bikes in the 80s and 90s were still evolving very quickly, but today it's all settled down into competent, homogenous, inexpensive crap.
Or that could just be me being a reactionary old git.

Back