Dirty Bikes

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I feel bad that I am lacking in motivation to clean my Pro-Flex, as leaving it caked in Lincoln's finest mud is not doing it any favours, but its just too cold and dark of an evening to face the hose pipe :oops:

Its only been 4 days, and it is the only one thats dirty I hasten to add......I'm not that lazy :LOL:

Has anyone else got a filthy bike festering at home?

Filthy bike? No.

Wash and lube mine after every dirty ride usually while I'm still mucky myself. The only time I don't wash it is in the Summer (Summer?? Hah!) when it's just dusty, then it might just get a bit o' lube.

Modern bikes are dirty - Poprad still not cleaned properly since 3 Peaks on 28/09

Retro get stripped and cleaned every ride

Did someone say something about bikes and or mud

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: .

Droool........ :p

For once, yes! Usually they get cleaned before I do, but the proflex is currently still filthy from the real ale wobble! :shock:

If mine are muddy (which is every ride now) I always wash them as soon as I get home and the mud is wet. It's far easier than doing it days later.
Spray or wipe down the frame with some silicon spray once its washed and dry - makes cleaning far easier next time.

My mate always left his 'cross bike to fester and dry out for a few days after a muddy race so he could then pick the dry lumps of mud off. Unless it's really clarted up (a good yorkshire term!) with huge lumps I do the same. The mud lumps come off a lot easier when they're dry!

Back