Info on my new retro Rockhopper!....

street

Retro Guru
Hi guys, I decided a while ago that I wanted to get back into biking again, just like the old days, but with a bike just like the old days too!
I settled on a bike that I really wanted in '93 (mainly because my mate had one!) a Specialized Rockhopper.

I bought a rough frame and forks off Ebay- A Rockhopper Expert in purple, lovely!

rockhopper2.jpg

Not as exotic as some of the machinery on here :shock: but i'm really chuffed with it!
I have some questions about it though:

-How much was the Rockhopper Expert new?

-How far up the Specialized 'food chain' was the Rockhopper expert?

-What spec did it come with?

The seller had some other stuff with it that I bagged, like a suntour XC Expert chainset, f+r mechs and cantis, Grey Tioga Psycho 2's.... would all of this stuff have come with it from factory?

Thanks guys! :D

I'm the guy that sold you the bike dude!LOL :LOL:
Cost me 575.00 back in 93'
You have all the original parts bar the tyres which I bought after.
I actually have the original tyres in mint condition plus the stem.
This was the best rockhopper I could get at the time and I loved it because you didnt really need to upgrade anything!Plus the colour was sweet!The next thing up was the Stumpjumper I guess.
So all that stuff came from the factory that why it was called a Rockhopper expert I guess coz it came with all the Suntour XC 'Expert"
stuff!
By the way I did have 2 Rockhopper Experts now I only have 1! :cry:
Both exactly the same!
J

Haha excellent!
I had a feeling you would be on here somehow, dont ask my why :LOL:
Thanks for the info, I wasn't familiar with the Expert model, my mates' was black with red writing... a 'sport' maybe?
Anyway, just seeing what spares I have lying around that survived the great "get this crap out of my garage" clearout of '99 :roll:

I found an XT BB, and a negative rise Odyssey stem with a wierd quill adapter so it can be A-head or quill fitment, and i'm on the look out for suitable shifters, all in good time :D

Wierd that you had 2 Rockhoppers the same, lol!

Edited to add: Cheers Retrobikeguy! Thats a useful page :D

I just bought one recently in Mint condition all original.
Barely been used!
So the other one was suplus.
J

Back