rebuilding manitous

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
Evening all..
I have a pair of manitou 2 forks that are seized solid. Does anyone have a manual on them or an exploded diagram as i'm going to pull them apart and get them fettled??
I remember a thread about this in the past but a search has revealed little.

Cheers in advance

Si

Cheers rich. will pull them apart and see what's left of them. Not too pleased with them actually, bought off here for good money but they are fit for scrap really.
Also missing a top cap for these- does anyone have a spare before I make one?

Cheers
Si

Sorry to hear they are in such bad nick Si, darersay they are rock solid and the insides are a gooey mess

Be warned though the Elastomers are very very hard to find, think that's why the prices for these forks are relatively low.
I recently sold mine on here for 65 quid with a new elastomer kit and long allen key, at least they have a chance of providing their 1.75 ins of travel again one day.

There are all sorts of potential remedies such as bits of elastomer tube and replacement springs, from my research they all seem pretty useless and its the proper kit you need

The caps are very simple aren't they? could swear the remind me of something else that iv'e seen knocking about at home or work.
edit
( they are just like the caps that go in the unwanted holes in kitchen units and the like, wonder if they are the same size?)

Good luck with the rebuild
Rich

I'm going to tackle them after lunch, looks like they are going to be a sod to do, won't budge :cry:

Latest posts

Back