A rumour that might interest some of you guys......

Grimtech

Dirt Disciple
Now I am not one to spread a rumour, but when a little birdy told me that on Thurs (27th) a certain well know suspension tuning company was going to be listing a load of retro kit on the UK 'Bay I thought it was my duty to give you guys the heads up.

(No, I do not work for anyone involved and do not benefit in anyway).

my guess would tf tuned, tim bought shit loads of stuff from madison when they stopped doing rockshox, that's where my NOS mag 20 crown/steerer came from.

most of it will be useless to tim after a certain period, lets face it his market is forks up to 3 years old, after that alot of the time they end up in hack bikes and run till they are past economical repair then binned.

jonnyboy666":2v5ri0lj said:
my guess would tf tuned, tim bought shit loads of stuff from madison when they stopped doing rockshox, that's where my NOS mag 20 crown/steerer came from.
most of it will be useless to tim after a certain period, lets face it his market is forks up to 3 years old, after that alot of the time they end up in hack bikes and run till they are past economical repair then binned.
I agree it's most likely TFT, but I think he does go back rather further than three years and makes a genuine attempt to help out those with older forks. However RS themselves are no good with supplying older parts, so there comes a time when his stock of parts is so depleted that he can no longer offer a comprehensive service for a particular fork/vintage. When that time comes, he has to say he can't service say Judys older than 99 and then what parts he does have left for Judys older than 99 become useless to him and he sells them. So my understanding is that whatever forks he is selling the parts for, he's not going to be able to service that fork in future (and that means nobody else can either), so owners should buy the parts even if they don't need them yet.

And although I understand what you're saying at the end there, it isn't always true. A mid 90s Zaskar and a yellow Judy SL is a match made in heaven and together they make a classic retro bike, and certainly not a hack! So I think it's a shame that old Judy SLs can't be serviced any longer.

I would say its NOT TF Tuning.

I spoke to Tim about a month ago when looking top caps for my Indys. He told me he'd just sold the last bit of retro kit he had in, and wasnt planning on getting any more.

If it just happens to be Pace can some people keep an eye out for a pair of their RC130 bars in red (or blue at a push) for me please?

Many thanks,

Lee.

TFT hoovered up all carratis RS stock when they stopped doing them for peanuts.

It's not hard to find spares for old Judys - they are so common you can pick up a whole fork for more or less the same price TFT would want for a small part like a fork leg cap.

Back