Retro bars

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Really liking my on one marys, was there anything similar available from BITD, way back even, that was similar or something available now but more retro'y than the marys?

Available now is Salsa with a 17 degree bend or thereabouts and a proper retro heritage and feel. I've got one lined op for a rigid 29er with a Mary and normal sweep bars as well. Idea is to find out what I like.

The Mary has rise and really sweeps where the Salsa is a flat bar and closer to normality.

Enjoy!!

The salsa's nice but too modern looking for this :? Raleigh seems to have a nice enough range of 'comfort bars' also trying to find the nitto site.

I think Nitto bars are available via Hubjub but if I remember correctly the moustache bar, similar to the Mary but silver and plain, is out of stock.

Incidentally, from seeing the Mary's 'live' they look good for cruising on the road or towpath pootling but wondering how good they'd be offroad when out of the saddle and wanting to really heave on the bars? Any first hand experience would be great

They're great in a you don't notice them as much as you would think kinda way when riding. You can also get on top of them I guess you would say when honking out the saddle. One of the things that wanted me to try them was awaycaboose mentioning he felt he had better control with them. I asked about them before in a thread and it was hit and miss IIRC. Really seems to be a suck it and see thing, at the time of the thread a kind forumite offered his for trial.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39443&highlight=mary

Think the moustache is a bit more drasticly turned in than the mary. SJS have a very similar bar in plain silver that should suit and at £9.99 can't really go wrong.

Back