Bridal paths finally being cleared after 16 years !!!

greenstiles

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
In 1992 i was part of a small group who surveyed all the local bridal paths in order for mountain bikers to use, i also used to produce basic maps of the local trails back then as well. Things were submitted to the forestry only to be dashed by a new bod in charge (maybe he died ) anyway to cut a long story short, lots of bridal ways are being opened up in Corris, Machynlleth, Home of the Dyfi enduro and Climax trails Mid Wales. They have some nice gradients and views and unlike back then when i used to cycle 15 miles to ride them i live close by now..............hmmmmm old virgin trails.....

Well i'm pleased but i haven't been involved in this opening, so who ever pulled the lever.........thankee bout time.
I still have my old handmade maps though and find it funny when young wipper snappers tell me about this trail they made ! :roll: When i know me and me mates were blasting down it yonks ago.

Yup near to them................worked for my user name for some time ! Did a small stint in an Aber cycle shop too.

Cool. SO any details of these bridalways on the web? They sound perfect for getting the wife out on the bike rather than trying to throw her down the Italian Job with no off-road experience!

I've had a look to see if there's any news about it but cannot find anything.....................the mini digger is still hard at it...........so what kind of surface they are going to top it with with be interesting................they are making them quite wide (3 bike width) and in places it's steep so water erosion my be an issue................not sure how many they have started yet but i will get a map out and have a gander soon to see if they are doing them all or just a select few.............if they do the lot it will be great cos there are loads and in great locations too...........will keep you posted on the activity if you wish.

Cool news. It's good to hear new (or old?) routes are opening up and in such a beautiful area too. Keep us informed of progress and details.

It's just the other end of the railway line for me. :D

Back