Baiku like no other

Lid

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I found myself back in the UK for my 48th. No family but a ridding friend that insisted Wales. We pulled out of Afan Sat morn, crossed the river heading for "The Wall". A jogger ran up...."A Mtb'er is down, the ambulance has gone the wrong way.." We got up to the main road and redirected the Warden and ambulance to the site. They did what they could.
He was a rider, he was younger than me and lying in the dirt and mud he was dead.

We didnt talk much the rest of the day. Just flowed with the trails, mortaliity on the rear wheel.

He had had a heart attack once before. Apparently he didnt even try to stop the fall so may have already been on his way before hitting the ground.

Lid":283vtb55 said:
He had had a heart attack once before. Apparently he didnt even try to stop the fall so may have already been on his way before hitting the ground.

Ohh dear. At least, as Pickle said, he was doing something he enjoyed at the time. Could have happened while stuck in a traffic jam

The Reaper looks over all our shoulders. At least he died enjoying life.

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

When it's your time, it's your time.

RIP. :cool:

RIP bike dude.

Certainly puts a perspective on life - if it was not foul and cold and wet here I would now go out for a ride instead of sitting here in front of my computer.

Back