Cleaning old paintwork

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Looking to bring back a bit of lustre to some tired paintwork, looks like an old enamel with a few stains here and there. What do you use?

ps its the KHS in my sig if this is any help.

treat is the same as car bodywork.

wash t cut polish wax.

thats the only way!

re:

if it's really beaten up, u could try to take some fine wetpaper and carefully polish it, just a little! then take some Rubbing and work it real hard, to finnish it off with some vax. That's the method I'm gonna try for my next build who looks a bit sad in the paintjob...

u could try to rub it with some autosol to, it might work.

if using wet and dry use 1200 or preferably 1500 with lots of warm soapy water and dont rub hard!

Cool guys, not too beaten up, just need a bit of rejuvination :D

Use some cutting polish like car painters do, Much better than T cut but less harsh than wet and dry paper. Think its called G3 or something like that.

Don't even try to use sandpaper- there just ain't enough paint on a frame to do this unless you really know what you are doing. If it's really bad use a very fine Scotchbrite finishing pad- but go easy!!
Follow this with Farecla G3 compound and then a good quality wax such as Autoglym. Take your time and it will look great.

if you use t cut or a cutting compound make sure you seal the paintwork with a wax. t cut isnt actually a polish

Back