just bought these and now i'm confused....

rakas17

Dirt Disciple
hi fellas, i'm new on here. got a few years experience restoring old bmx's and thought i'd clean up my old kona and maybe restore another.

just paid for these rock shox judy xc's on bay but they dont add up with the catalogues!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0280733736

he says they are 98 but the stickers are 97. they also look to have an ali steerer which would only be on the sl, right?????? and there are no allen bolts like there are in the catalogue.

i just got them for £40 buy it now to put on my 97 kona muni mula but i'm confused as to what i've just spent my hard earnt dough on. if it is an ali steerer i guess it can only be a good thing.

any info appreciated, cheers guys. joe

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
i had a pair of those back in the day, think they are 97 iirc, harryburgundy posts on here though. maybe he just forgot what year he got them!! :D

thinking about it though, mine had a steel steerer i think, maybe harry replace the crown etc, this was common bitd. i did it a couple of times on various forks.

cheers carl,
i look forward to getting them.

still doesnt explain the ali steerer (if it is, looks it) and the non allen bolt crown.

rakas17":jhpexxyz said:
still doesnt explain the ali steerer (if it is, looks it) and the non allen bolt crown.

Never really looked to be honest....they are pretty light so guess the steerer is ali :?

Cheers, Carl

all judys had one piece crown/steerers from about 96 on iirc.

The parts are interchangeable. quite possible to have a sl crown/steerer on a c.

Back