first production rear mounts?

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Hello,

What year and models were the first production frames for Orange and GT to have rear disc tabs?

I have been asked to look out for a bike for a newbie who did the wobble as his first offroad outing :shock: and loved it that much... Be nice to get him on some sort of retro steed ;) but discs would be a must

Cheers

Dave

not quite sure but at a guess it would be around 97 onwards.

Regardless of that though, there are still some disk mount adaptors to be had out there.

1998 GT STS DHs had Formula disks, but not sure about the mounts. Lobos had a disc mount but not IS. 1999/2000 LTSs had IS disc mounts.
Orange put IS disc tabs on some of their frames around 1998. Quite forward thinking really.

The 1999 Orange P7 frame had disk mounts.

I'm on the look out for one myself (not too seriously at the moment though).

The same geometry as an old school bike with all the practicality of a modern steed. It would be my first choice as a modern build......just need to find one.

Similarly for 1999 the 'New' Orange bike all had them too, the O2, Ms Isle, UFO and Mr White but the P7 was the best of both worlds, classic frame & geometry with good brakes. ;)

The summer girl at work has a 1999 P& with disc mount - 14 inch frame though. Last year she had a 1994 British Racing Green C16R with full XTR, but it got pinched when she went back to uni, so she's on the P7 now - nice spare bike!

Back