ti fames that had 1and 1/4 " head tubes?

nonk

Retro Newbie
not got a functional usb port on my laptop so can't post a pic however...in my hand i have a ti frame that has to be at least twelve years old.a mates mrs gave it to me recently the mate died though about eleven years ago.anyways...it has a big fat head tube bullet style ends at the dropout and a 68shell. it allso has a brazed on seat clamp.any ideas?
pics when i can.

Litespeed used to use 1 1/4' headtubes which they then added alloy sleeves to take them down to 1" or 1 1/8". Possibly one of those with the shims removed? They also had bullet ends

right need to get a pic up then sounds possible as the head tube does look kind of unfinished.still sharp around the inside edge etc.

My TiMega has a 1/4 headtube, but you would recognize it is an AlpineStars.

I seem to remember the ti american flyer was 1.25:?: i've got the mba review somewhere, i'll check.. it was litespeed built

What's the frame number? If it's a Sandvik, (bullet style dropouts), the first one or two letters should give it away...

only numbers on the bike are on the drive side dropout they are stamped in two stages 0074 then T9311.
I took the frame in to betd to get some reducers fitted to the headtube and one of the blokes there said he thought it could be a fisher.
i forgot to say that it is lacquered.ta for the imput.

Back