cannondale M800 color - 1994 (?)

gaboer

Retro Newbie
hi all,
maybe you can help me. i just bought a very nice m800 frameset from 1994 (thats what the seller tells me), but i cant find that color (black fade to dark green) in any of the catalogues....
AND: i cant find any serial number on the frame. what does that mean?
the seller told me, he bought it as a frame only...

any idea?
and what the color is named?

i will build it up in the next days completely, waiting for a new shorter stem, parts: nearly completely XT-730 :cool:

THANK YOU!!
gabriel

here's the pic:
20081114_001.jpg

in the 1993 catalog i found the color as "diamond black metallic fade to iceland green (EDG)", BUT only available for the m700...
mine is for sure a beast of the east. it has no decals for model-type etc, it was not repainted.
was that a special service of cannondale to leave certain decals away, or could you coose any color in that time?

cheers
gabriel

Trying to remember, a friend had a 'dale.

All the frames where the same, the number just incremented with the group sets used. BotE has a raised Bottom Bracket or something like that so check the frame angles, but your looks raised as the stays are parallel to the floor.

I think the bikes came in that colour or red.

stew-b":2g69qjz8 said:
that seatpost looks like its WAY past its maximum extension,i wouldnt be suprised if the frame is damaged if it has been ridden like that....

yeah, you are right. but i'm not gonna ride it like this, rather 5cm less high. the seatpost bytheway is a VERY long syncros :mrgreen:

ok, i'm pretty sure this is a m800, just for the higher BB at 13".
AND i finally found the serialnumber, pheww.. it was built in july 1992.

i got it from the original owner who bought it in 94 as a frameset (i guess thats why theres not more decals).

thank you all for your help.
gabe

I've seen warranty replacement Beasts in that color, so if I had to guess I'd say if the serial number doesn't mach the colors available for the year, then a warranty frame is a possibility. That logic goes for most manufacturers, as this issue isn't just a Cannondale thing...the 'color doesn't match the year' issue I mean.

I was betting that it was the crazy long Syncros posts...what were they again, 450mm or something? Wild long posts! :shock:

Back