• A Kona AND a ROcky Mountain

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

gump

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Quick poll for the masses please!

Need to determine how many people here own a Kona, a RM, or both.

Some say there is a commonality with owners of both. Some think not. I don't know.

So lets see :)

Three of each here (well two of each actually here and one of each in Greece).

Two Blizzards (93 & 06), an Equipe (93) , two Explosifs (88 & 95) and a 95 Kilauea.

Andy R":3d1t672b said:

Two Blizzards (93 & 06), an Equipe (93) , two Explosifs (88 & 95) and a 95 Kilauea.

Nice collection! Also a clear commonality too.

Equal but Different

RM Summit (or custom Summit/Wedge) vs. a 91 Explosif and a 94 Hei Hei KK - make of that what you will...

As I recall Kona was a more readily available brand in the early 90s - but still 'exotic' compared to what was on offer at most bike shops. I remember picking up my Zaskar/RC35s from Alf Jones in Wrexham (probably the end of 91) looking back at the black, shiny Explosif and wondering whether I had made the right choice. It was only in the really boutiquey establishments (like Neil Walton's in Didsbury) that you could discover the world of RM - and then, frustratingly, they would only have one model in the tiny shop, so you would have to dribble over a catalogue. and the crazy pricing.

When you think about it, those two brands plus Syncros, virtually stole moutainbiking off the USA at that time in the UK - I guess by being fleet of foot and less insular, recognising that there was a bigger world out there than just the States.

Mr K

Neither :?

I'd quite like a Rocky Mountain Altitude (? - the red and yellow one) or Ti-Bolt. They look long so I think they'd fit me well.

gump":24x2dv8u said:
Andy R":24x2dv8u said:

Nice collection! Also a clear commonality too.

Thank you !! Konas and RM's are the only two makes of bikes that I've ever owned - if I had to choose then I have to say that I'd take the Konas.. :eek:

(Ducks and runs..... :LOL: )

Back