who owns their dream bike(s)?

greenfinger

Retro Guru
i was thinking earlier about the bikes i wanted when i was younger, and wondered how many of you own any of the ones you always wanted? i always wanted a merlin(any of them :cool: :LOL: ).... someday when funds allow i'd like to pick one up

When I was younger most of bikes or parts were out of touch. I had a friend in Germany sending me Bike Magazine every month (years 1993 - 1995 or something) which was like a dream catalogue. Back then we had few shops where goods from Bike were available - usually as a single units - and stayed in a shop cabinet for years... Then I had a Mongoose Hilltopper, now I have what I wanted then. That took a long time though.

I do not know what my dream bike is anymore,... :roll:
The bike I always wanted to own,..i own both (The Serotta ATX and the Fat Chance Yo Eddy),..but when i see pictures coming by from for instance the DEAN,..i really like that,...and even a bike i never thought i want to own,..i am looking for,.. (YETO ARC)
So i guess in my situation,..i don't think i will ever own my ultimate dream bike,..there always be that other one ,..zb,..The Klein Attitude 1990 in Team colours (Pink, White, Green),..Fat Ti,....Monolith,..uzw,..
But maybe that is just my problem although i wish i wouldn't have this and would be happy (i do not say i am not happy right now) with my ultimate bike,...it is all the fault of this damn site!

Yes - a Mountain Cycle San Andreas (now sold :D ), it was my dream bike BITD, then bought one recently and shortly after went off full suspension (no fault of the San An)...

This was my dream bike BITD...and now I have one :D

Attachments

• AxisTTproRS.jpg
    AxisTTproRS.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 1,916
Oh, and a Proflex 753 (also now sold :D ).

Just have to get a 20.5" Pace and I will have owned the set :D

Wanted a pace since visiting their factory at the age of 14/15 in order to get a crown swapped on my RC35's.

Drooled over the frames in my LBS (Stif) Now I own 2 of them the RC200 will be the second to last bike I part with ...the last bike to go being my Marin which I have owned since new.

Probably part of the reason I went into engineering too :)

Yep - Ive had all mine lol

No - Ive kept the best/fave.

Got another dream one coming on Saturday though which brings me up to 4 Bikes Max...

Back