1" adapter for the 1 1/8" headset

digitalkreation

Retro Guru
Hi all,

I'm considering purchasing a nice Lawwill Leader fork, but it's not ideal, in that it's not a 1 1/8" steerer, but a 1".

I know there are adapters out there which allow a 1 1/8 frame to run a 1" steerer, but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with them to share? Are you able to use a nice headset with it, or must you conform to a certain "adapter" headset?

Thanks for any and all info!

Mark

Yep ! they work fine,, press the reducer cups in the same way as a headset , then install the headset....easy... works a treat .. been running a 1.5 size down to 1 1/8 for a few years and no problems..

;)|

Adaptor

If you decide you want to use an adaptor i've got one that i've never used.You can have it for £5 posted.
I'm getting ahead of myself,I assume you mean the quill type adaptor that allows you to use 1"1/8 ahead stem instead of inch quill,or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Yeah, don't need the quill, my fork is 1" ahead and I'm stepping it up to fit 1 1/8" ahead headpost.

But thanks for the offer!

digitalkreation":14gvarcp said:
How about stem shims? Anyone run those?

I used those too. Works fine.

Using with Zooka, Cattlehead and several more is not the optimal solution though. Because of their clamping system.

Back