Pace RC35 Trouble

conceptsails

Dirt Disciple
I know its a slim chance but does anyone know what i can do to revive my rc35s or at least tell me what happened so i can get closure :cry: . they have collapsed at the bottom of thier travel and sit there. if i lift the front of the bike up and push the wheel away they extend again - essentially, the rebound doesnt rebound anymore. Problem is I cant get them open as one of the bolts just spins when you turn it like the thread has gone.

Elastomers have gone...

And to open the fork up you need to compress them a little (or a lot) and try and undo the bolt at the same time...should be able to feel the allen bolt give then.

Try it and report back.

At least once youve got them apart you will be able to see what going on inside. They are pretty simple.

You'll probably find that one of the bolts just spins because it's wrapped up in the gunk of the old elastomers. Undo both bolts (I'm assuming you mean the ones inside the legs) and then give a sharp tug, should all come free with loads of gloop attached!

pete_mcc":pm6zazkv said:
You'll probably find that one of the bolts just spins because it's wrapped up in the gunk of the old elastomers. Undo both bolts (I'm assuming you mean the ones inside the legs) and then give a sharp tug, should all come free with loads of gloop attached!

im my case the elastomers had just turned to powder.

Deffo need a new set of Elastomers.

The bolt spinning is the bugbear, it is possible that the bush into which it screws has come loose which makes it impossible to remove the bolt to access the gubbins inside.

However you can send them to me and I will sort it ;)

Latest posts

Back