Mid 90s Gold Kona Kula

Motown79

Retro Newbie
Hi there,

I've got a nice conditon Kona Kula that I think I'm gonna sell - maybe just frame only +BB and Headset - any idea what it's worth - pretty clean condition. Bit of a mark on chain-stay that's about all. I'll post some pics tomorrow if anybody's interested?

Cheers

Motown

Attachments

• kona5.JPG
    kona5.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,233
V. SOrry thought this was going in the "whats my MTB worth" Section - Did somthing wrong - not sure what.

I'll repost if this get deleted like the header said.

Cheers

To post in that thread, go into it and hit 'Reply', not 'Post new topic' and you'll be alright.

Nice bike...[/code]

That is a 1996 Kula, size 19. Made of fairly radically double-butted Easton Elite tubing, quoting Kona "wall thickness is as follows: Top - 1.3/.9/1.3, Down - 2.2/1.0/1.5, Seat - 2.4/1.0/1.7". Exactly the same tubeset as they used on the US-built Ku, and about as good as aluminium could get at that time. I suppose the only weakness is the lack of a replaceable dropout.

We're not supposed to give valuations in this part of the forum, and I won't break that rule, but in fact it would be quite difficult as late 90s Kulas are surprisingly rare, both here and on eBay. I say surprisingly because you see far more Explosifs, and yet it was at this point that Kulas started outselling Explosifs by a large margin, even over here and especially in the US. I have heard it said that maybe the lack of the replaceable dropout accounts for there being so few of them visible now, but I don't know if there's any evidence for that.

This is a super example though, great colour and looks in very good condition too.

Back