Carrera

letmetalktomark

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi Folks,

Just taken a punt on this bad boy >>>

£27 seemed a fair price including U brake ;)

Now who know's anything about it? :LOL: :LOL:

Thinking SS?

Any thoughts?

Mrs LMTTM will not be impressed though :roll: :LOL:

that is OLD! from the late 80,s one of the first carreras,cant remember who actually made the frames for the early carreras..

Yes I thought she would be pre 90's.

Should be good fun - can't grumble for the price :LOL:

Will post up some pics when I receieve it.

if y'all have more info im all ears

85700AFhe_w.jpg

Its a Carrera Quattro, IIRC it was top of the line in the late 80's until they introduced the Quattro Comp. I think you'll find that the bike came with Deore, possibly Deore II.

Sold exclusively through Halfords, Carreras got pretty good reviews for being great value for money and not poor to ride... Then it all went wrong!

I remember thinking they were pretty cool at the time, with the grey & yellow paint job! Love the stem! Are you planning to do with it?

nothing wrong with that – a Quattro Comp was nearly my first 'retro' purchase off the bay a few years back.

Carreras were always very well spec'd with the Quattro Comp being XT II throughout if I recall. Would be a very safe bet to consider this as running Deore or XT – 6-speed though I would imagine – wold be nice to see this as a finished ride again.

Not bad for £20

bryan555":2dgwzvuf said:
I remember thinking they were pretty cool at the time, with the grey & yellow paint job! Love the stem! Are you planning to do with it?

She'll be a dedictaed SS mud plugger :D

Minimal bling just practical - just need a few bits like rear wheel and ss kit

Should be a cheap build - well hopefully ;)

Does anyone have a scan of the Carrera advert from 1990ish - of someone climbing the Cliffs of Dover with a Carrera Krakatoa strapped to thier back - black with yellow splatter. My dream bike when i was 12!

They had an Estay called the Katalyst in 1992 purple and silver I remember thinking it was amazing in Halfords.

Back