Ebay purchase was too good to be true ! ( Pace content )

doogie

Retro Guru
Hello chaps,
I won this bike on ebay this Monday, I was over the moon :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0294317725

When you scroll down the auction you will see all the extras this seller called scrummiebum was selling it totted up to about £3300 :shock:
Anyway when I attempted to pay this seller through paypal, he would not complete the sale and complete the paypal funds transfer. :?

After sending him numerous emails and him hardly ever replying to me he told me that he would deliver the bike in person for an extra £50 on top of the £50 postage he had stated in the auction.
I asked why he couldn't post it and he told me that it would cost around £150 to send it insured. :?

He would not give me any contact number after numerous requests.
He made numerous excuses about when he could deliver the bike to me so I arranged yesterday that I would go and pick up the bike personally.
I didn't hear anything after that.

I got an email today saying that his parents house had been broken into and the Pace 305 and his Cannondale had been nicked. :?

I knew something was fishy about this ebay purchase from the start.

Anyway my paypal funds have been refunded but I am still really pissed off with this sellers attitude and lack of communication. :x

I don't believe the cock and bull story about this bike being nicked at all.
I just think that he did not get what he wanted for the bike in the first place and that I was never going to get it. :cry:

Sorry for the drawn out bit, but what I want to ask you chaps is should I leave this arsehole ebay seller Negative Feedback ? :? ?

Cheers,
doogie ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I'd also complain to eBay - both parties are legally obliged to complete the transaction.

Pity though - what a beautiful bike.

Ebay wankers

I would definately leave him negative feedback.
Then list him as a favourite seller and be notified when he lists something for sale. Then if he tries to sell it again notify ebay that he is selling stolen goods :D
I purchased, or thought I had, a set of manitou mars forks for my M4 S works 3 weeks ago. They were to be delivered parcelforce 48. No sign and no replies to 4 emails so last night started the dispute thing with ebay and paypal. Pisses me off no end, its just a haven for thieves these days.
list his name on the bad ebayer list as I am about to do.
Not the end of the world but frustrating.

rant over
Jamie :evil: :evil:

Back