Seeking Yellow and Pink wearing Schmoo club/team

conceptsails

Dirt Disciple
Anyone out there used to ride in yellow and pink back in the early 90's? We had the most unstylish kit for sure but at least you could spot us on top of Margam Park from the M4! :oops: [/quote]

tim davies is on this forum from time to time. do an alpinestars search & you'll find him ;)
I used to reg race the welsh series during the pink & yellow era.. later went to uni with graham sheldon, nice bloke & bloody quick too :)

yeah i remember graham... he had a yellow and pink Trimble i think. Was that the mountain bike club of wales races? I did those, they were ace! I remember the organiser family had a larda 4X4 that they turned over whilst marking out a course. good events.

conceptsails":117s3wj9 said:
yeah i remember graham... he had a yellow and pink Trimble i think. Was that the mountain bike club of wales races? I did those, they were ace! I remember the organiser family had a larda 4X4 that they turned over whilst marking out a course. good events.

pretty certain graham didnt have a trimble, not when I knew him anyway.
deffo remember that larda 4x4, amazed it climbed thru the tunnel at pontypool park! :LOL: yeh, they were good & often tough courses

My last pair of pink shorts went to a rugby player who wore them under his team shorts. It was a proper rugby team as well where the boys liked girls and not one of those teams where boys like boys :LOL: :LOL: Hated those pink shorts as you had to be careful that you did not sprinkle when you tinkled or you would end up with a damp patch where you did not really want one which made you like a right muppet.

I always thought you Schmoos boys were brave for wearing that kit...still you could spot you lot from miles away... :cool:

Rich

Rich":ogjwrdn0 said:
I always thought you Schmoos boys were brave for wearing that kit...still you could spot you lot from miles away... :cool:

Rich

Not brave - Schmoo ( RIP) was paying so whatever he said went ;) .It was a very simple design, but very effective though - he was actually a very clever man - mad on times, but clever. At his funeral we were all given yellow and pink armbands and a jazz band played as jazz was one of his passions in life.

nearly twenty years :shock: :shock: :shock: since I won the national champs for Schmoo - still got the bike here, maybe I should get some pink shorts and yellow jersey made up and have a one off ride next year to celebrate the occasion :?:

Back