One for the GT fans...

FSR-Si

Senior Retro Guru
My Bro called up to my house today on his bike, Forgot all about this i got it him way back in 1992 when i worked in a local bike shop. Bike is completely original even down to grips and tyres and saddle and knowing my bro its never been serviced either.

Here you go

DSC00543.jpg

DSC00545.jpg

DSC00544.jpg

Have to say as well it is still in quite good nick seeing as its used regular :cool:

GT, as well as other bike companies, SHOULD bring back the days of fancy and outrageous paint job. Klein too.

Bikes with cheap/fast solid color paint job of today are pretty bland.

In my opinion, people buy mostly on looks, even if the product sucks.

The early to mid 1990's.....man, THOSE were the GOLDEN years.

IF only I was RICH back then.....there were many bikes I love to have in my stable. And the paint/anodized scheme look awesome.

Wicked!

The paint job has given me an idea for the GT I'm building for my daughter :cool:

That's what I call a paint job! GT, early Kona and others had some awesome colour schemes in those days. I too had one of those pumps but it was flouro green to match my silver/green Dynatech sentinel. Well, I say match...

my best mate at school had a timberline (i think??) in purple with the white splatter pattern just like that
rode better than my diamond back topanga i had :(

rob

the thing about these bikes are they are cool to the people that are in the know, but to your average joe they look like they're worth about a tenner.

flame me now, but these really old ones are just a bit too retro for my taste. Best stuff was 93-98!

Back