Hope hubs help needed

nporternz

Gold Trader
Marin Fan
Feedback
View
Hi

got these hubs for a steal off our lovely auction site in NZ

can you tell me which model they are and also how easy it is to replace bearings as they seem a little tight to me

Attachments

• hope.jpg
    hope.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,276
Fatso front, Ti-glide rear. Bearing change easy - look up Hopetech on the web for detailed instructions...

Go on then, how much is 'a steal'?

Corduroyboy":1oal3quj said:
Fatso front, Ti-glide rear. Bearing change easy - look up Hopetech on the web for detailed instructions...

Go on then, how much is 'a steal'?

at the current exchange rate??????

23quid

Hope bearings

These hubs use a 'standard' size set of bearings.At work,we keep lots of motorbike bearings,and these are what i use in my Tiglide hope hubs.Knock the old bearings out and match the numbers on the bearings to new ones at a local shop if you have one. :D :D

nporternz":3tcnkn4p said:
cant find any instructions for servicing these!!

please help :LOL:

Neither could I for my older hubs, just the newer ones are on hope site.

I guess we have to assume they have not changed them, (as per the links above) compared to the newer hubs.

Some very early hope hubs had an Alloy cassette body which is black - Note the later sport [non ti] hubs have a steel black body so this not a straight forward generalisation. The alloy body had different bearings but the Ti version you have is as per the fettling link above.

Front hub is a piece of piss too - exploded diagram on the hope site shows what I mean but it's simply a case of taking the end caps off and pushing/hammering the axle and bearings out.

The only weak(ish) link on these hubs is the ratchet ring in the hub body - but even this can be replaced by Hope when all the teeth have snapped off.

I'm lazy these days and when my rear Hope hubs fail i send them to hope who service them for £35 and send back what is a virtually brand new hub ready for another 5+ years abuse. Fronts I do myself with BIG HAMMER.

Back