DIY anodising

Well, it would be sweet to do, and I remember a bunch of kids in shop class doing it to all their parts.

However, here in the states, especially the southwest, we have a huge crystal meth problem, and going around buying a bunch of sulphuric acid would land you in a police station so fast it would make your head spin.

There was a thread on STW about this a week or so ago. Some pretty nasty chemicals involved and general advice was leave it to the professionals. But they would say that...

Take it from someone who invested a large amount of time and money in setting up an ano line...unless you are prepared to ruin a lot of parts/material/patience in learning the process's unique characteristics, it is much more financially prudent to "leave it to the professionals".

Don't get me wrong, it can be done by the home brew crew, but it will take months to get consistent and professional results.

cheers,

rody

Sorry if it's been asked before but since we're on the topic - what's the easiest way to de-anodize? I have an 'X' stem that's a scruffy red and I want to strip it back to bare alloy.

found it - sorry, should have looked more carefully - sometimes you dosearches on forums and get loads of matches which weren't what you were after. Not here! Should have known!

Back