Would it be wrong.........

letmetalktomark

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Don’t get me wrong now I love Retro. But I do love Modern. Further more I do love a mixture of the two.

Sooooo

Would it be wrong to modernise a retro frame with a modern theme? I’ve done this with my Caldera but the next “project” would be a much older frame 93-94.

I know some would see it as being wrong to stray from period but I fancy something really different!

Think RTS with disc mount and air shock (just a thought not my actual plan!)

Thoughts please :D :D

Mark

letmetalktomark said:
Don’t get me wrong now I love Retro. But I do love Modern. Further more I do love a mixture of the two.

Sooooo

Would it be wrong to modernise a retro frame with a modern theme? I’ve done this with my Caldera but the next “project” would be a much older frame 93-94.

I know some would see it as being wrong to stray from period but I fancy something really different!

Think RTS with disc mount and air shock (just a thought not my actual plan!)

Thoughts please :D :D

last seen being dragged towards a wicker man screaming "but purple looked good i tell ya"

a month ago i would have said, yes it is very wrong but i am nowe thinking of something similar. the riding position on my modern cindercone is terrible. sit up and beg, front end high up. i really cant get on with it. i am thinking about an old steel frame with shorter forks and the modern running gear. i think retro is the future, so to speak

If the old frame and modern fork thing can be sorted, then why not? My Ti is now slightly more retro. I have fitted an M952 rear mech and a left hand side thumbshifter to get rid of irritating chain rub, but almost all thecomponents are modern.

Attachments

• Bonty#1.jpg
    Bonty#1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,187
I agree with the mix of old and modern. personally i like to use a modern groupset, i.e. XT hollowtech 2, purely for the performance, bars/stem/post/wheels etc can be as retro as possible. That way the bike looks cool and can still perform as good as/better than it's modern counterparts. :cool:

Back